Dear girls and boys,
Hilversum has a lot to offer when it comes to the after-school activities on Wednesdays; be it sports, swimming lessons or music class, with Robotvilla you now have the opportunity to dive into the world of tech and coding too! Welcome to Robotvilla! A small kids tech studio on wheels for kids from 5 – 15 years. Let’s discover together and level yourself up with 21st century skills.
My name is Francesca, and I’m a mom of two sweethearts who inspired me to kick off Robotvilla. Since 2009 I’ve been working in IT as a computer program designer, and I started working freelance in 2015.
Robotvilla activities are:
- Assembling, coding and controlling robots.
- Build a computer and go on a unique Minecraft adventure.
- Digital crafts.
- Go on a comic book adventure with an Arduino.
- Learn how to build websites.
- Code online in one of many “visual coding”-environments.
- Code a cool game.
- Code a Micro:bit and learn about electrical circuits.
- Or maybe you’re ready for a real programming language? I’d love to help you get started.
Kids can come and discover, learn and play with everything that Robotvilla has to offer in 1,5-hour Robotvilla-sessions. There are 6 seats available in the studio so be quick to seas your spot. Kids can choose what they want to play with and I’ll do my very best to assist them. Parents or childcarers can enjoy a nice cup of coffee in one of the restaurants at Werf35 or run an errand at the nearby shopping center.
1,5-hour of discovering the world of tech €19,50.
Get your ticket here!
What you get
- You’ll learn about tech and coding.
- ICT expert and personal assistance.
- Small groups of kids (maximum of 6 kids)
- Access to the entire range of tech, robots, and laptops.
- Limonade and a snack.
- Wednesday 12:30 – 14:00 *
- Wednesday 14:30 – 16:00 *
Come and discover! Get your tickets.
* In 2019 different session times will apply:
Wednesdays 13:30 - 15:00 and 15:30 - 17:00.
Legal Note: Because Robotvilla isn't registered as a child daycare center, parents and childcarers will stay responsible for their child(ern) during a Robotvilla session.
Embracing failure is the most important trait I’ve developed in my career. I have tried to learn from my failures, and I believe it has made me stronger, more confident and more resilient.
You can make something big when young that will carry you through life. Look at all the big startups like Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. They were all started by very young people who stumbled on something of unseen value. You’ll know it when you hit a home run.
Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you want to pursue a career in the 21st century. basic computer programming is an essentual skill to learn.
Learning to code makes kids feel empowered, creative, and confident. If we want our young women to retain these traits into adulthood, a great option is to expose them to computer programming in their youth.
In fifteen years we’ll be teaching programming just like reading and writing… and wondering why we didn’t do it sooner.
Everybody in this country should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think.